Maintaining the security of your data is a priority for Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We are also dedicated to ensuring that your data is processed lawfully and fairly and being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use your personal information and the procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What personal data do we collect?
Our main reason for collecting personal information is to provide you with the information or services that you have requested and improve the service and experiences that you and users of the website expect from us.
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
· Information you share with us: for example, you provide information to us when you complete any online form. Through these interactions you may share with us your personal details (e.g. name and date of birth); contact details (e.g. address, telephone number (including mobile number) and email address); your communication and marketing preferences, as well as any other personally identifiable information you include in your interactions with us.
· Cookies: when you use our website, we may also use information collected by cookies. “Cookies” are small text files that websites save onto your device via your web browser. Some cookies that we use will collect personal information about you. By continuing to use our websites, you accept that cookies may be set on your device. Further information, including the types of cookies that we use and how to manage cookies placed on our website.
· Information from your online interactions: we collect and store limited personal information and anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our website, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our websites. The information we collect includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our website.
· Publicly available data: for example, any information you have shared via a public platform such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page.
How we use it
Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicerster uses your personal data to:
· to respond to your queries and requests;
· to communicate with you;
· with your consent, to contact you with details of Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester news and changes to and developments within Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester and affiliated programmes or workstreams.
· to allow us to improve user experience;
· for statistical purposes;
· to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
· for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
· for Gurdwara election purposes;
We may also use your personal data in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
· Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
· Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Who we share it with
We may share your personal data with third parties as set out below:
· companies or organisations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf;
· any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
· providers of back-up and storage services.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How we protect your data
Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester Gurdwara is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. Our security measures include:
· Security controls which protect Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester Gurdwara infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
· Regular cyber security assessment and business continuity exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
· Internal policies and procedures relevant to data and data security.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and third-party service providers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting purposes and in line with our internal policies.
Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the following rights:
· the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time;
· the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you;
· the right to object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Right to withdraw consent
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data in relation to sending you Gurdwara related news and updates. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To withdraw your consent please contact Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester Gurdwara. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purposes you originally agreed to.
Data protection officer
We have appointed a Data Controller to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara Leicester Gurdwara
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.